This is a very nice paper and reads very well. Thank you for another job well done!
Step 1: Submit the power point presentation as your Week 13 written assignment.
Step 2: On the first day of Week 15 will post your power point presentation in the Week 15 Discussionboard.
The class discussion for Week 15 (which is a short week: Sun-Wed) will be based on comments from your classmates on your presentation.
The presentation must be based upon a controversial issue in corrections.
I have listed sample topics for you below.
Please chose a topic and pick a position, either pro or con. If there is another topic you would like toexplore, please e-mail me with your topic for approval.If you are choosing one of the topics below, you do not need to e-mail me for approval.
1. Choose a topic from the list below and begin your research.2. Pick one side of the issue Ã¢â‚¬â€œ this will be the focus of your presentation.3. Fully research your topic. This is not based on opinion. Although you may have an opinion on theissue, you need research/empirical data to support your position. This is an academic assignment.4. Make sure you have a minimum of 10 to 15 slides Ã¢â‚¬â€œ this does not include your cover slide or yourreference slide.5. Provide a cover slide with the name of your presentation, your name, our course name, my name andthe date.6. All slides must have intext citations according to APA format. Reference your work.7. You must utilize at least 4 sources for this assignment. Make sure you utilize the Berkeley library. Donot Ã¢â‚¬Å“googleÃ¢â‚¬Â me an assignment and DO NOT USE WIKI!!! One of your sources must be a journalarticle. The other two sources can be a combination of journal articles, government reports, books, etc.Any source you use must be a reputable source.8. You must have a reference slide which lists all of your sources in APA format.9. Your slides should be informative, descriptive and creative.10. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Power Point Presentation Approved Topics:
1. DEATH PENALTY
PRO: The death penalty provides an effective method to obtain justice.
CON: The death penalty does not serve as an effective method for obtaining justice.
2. SOLITARY CONFINEMENT
PRO: Solitary confinement is an effective method of correctional discipline.
CON: Solitary confinement is an ineffective method of correctional punishment and is equivalent to crueland unusual punishment.
3. MANDATORY HEALTH CARE
PRO: Inmates should have a constitutional right to healthcare.
CON: Inmates should not have a constitutional right to healthcare.
4. COLLEGE PROGRAMMING FOR INMATESPRO: Inmates should be allowed access to college programming while incarcerated
CON: Inmates should not be allowed access to college programming while incarcerated
5. COLLEGE DEGREES FOR CORRECTIONAL OFFICERS
PRO: All correctional officers should be required to possess a college degree to perform their job well.
CON: It is unnecessary for correctional officers to possess a college degree to perform their job well.
6. NURSEY PROGRAM
PRO: Nursery programs in prison are essential to preserve the mother-child bond.
CON: Nursery programs are inappropriate for the prison environment.
7. PRISON FACILITIES SHOULD BE GENDER-SPECIFIC TO CORRECTIONAL STAFF
PRO: Only male officers should be allowed to work in male facilities and only female officers should beallowed to work in female facilities.
CON: It is beneficial for male officers to work with female inmates and for female officers to work withmale inmates.
8. CONJUGAL VISITS/FAMILY PRESERVATION PROGRAMS
PRO: Conjugal visitation should be allowed for prisoners.
CON: Conjugal visitation should not be allowed for prisoners.
9. COMMUNITY-BASED CORRECTIONAL PROGRAMMING
PRO: Community-based correctional programs are an effective method of punishment and have asignificant effect on recidivism and reintegration.
CON: Community-based correctional programs are an ineffective method of punishment and have noeffect on recidivism and reintegration.
10. HIRING THE FORMERLY INCARCERATED
PRO: Agencies and organizations should be encouraged to hire ex-offenders.
CON: Ex-offenders are a detriment to the work environment and a liability to employers.
11. MANDATORY HIV TESTINGPRO: All inmates should be tested for HIV.
CON: Inmates should only be tested for HIV on a voluntary basis.12. PRIVATIZED CORRECTIONAL FACILITIES
PRO: Privatized correctional facilities are managed as effective as state or federally managed facilitiesand save money.
CON: Privatized facilities have proven ineffective; all correctional facilities should be state or federallymanaged.
13. FELONY RECORDS
PRO: A personÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s felony record should be retained for their entire life.
CON: After a period of time, an individualÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s felony record should be expunged.
14. CIVIL COMMITMENT OF SEX OFFENDERS
PRO: All sex offenders should be subject to civil commitment following incarceration.
CON: Civil commitment violates double jeopardy and civil rights standards.
15. CHEMICAL CASTRATION OF SEX OFFENDERS
PRO: Sex offenders should be subjected to chemical castration to reduce the incidence of future sexcrimes.
CON: Chemical castration constitu
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more