This is a very nice paper and reads very well. Thank you for another job well done!
Assignment 2: You Are an Investment Analyst
Due Week 10 and worth 250 points
As the CFO of your corporation, you are in charge of preparing and analyzing financial statements that will be presented to potential investors and creditors. However, before you can present the financial statements to investors and creditors, you need to prepare the financial statements with supporting analysis. Select one (1) pair of the following companies to conduct your financial statement analysis.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Pepsi versus Coca Cola, or
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Amazon versus eBay
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Target versus Walmart
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Nike versus Reebok
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
1. Analyze each companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s history, product / services, major customers, major suppliers, and leadership, and provide a synopsis of each company.
2. Identify three (3) profitability ratios that creditors may be interested in. Calculate the ratio for each company, and prepare a report to summarize your findings on the financial health of each company. Also, recommend to management the manner in which they can improve each of the three (3) ratios identified.
3. Summarize at least two (2) news events (this may include mergers, acquisitions, or political issues) that occurred from 2012 to the present day, and analyze the impact that these events had on each companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s financial statements. Indicate the primary way in which the merger, acquisition or political issues influence potential investorsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ and creditorsÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ perception of both companies.
4. Analyze each companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s income statement over the past two (2) years, and determine which company outperformed the other. Suggest a way in which the lagging company can improve its income. Support your suggestion with a specific analysis.
5. Analyze each companyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s balance sheet. Prepare a vertical analysis for each company, interpret the results, and write a financial report. Also, suggest the manner in which the company that is not performing well can improve its balance sheet in order for it to be attractive to potential investors.
6. Use at least four (4) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the studentÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s name, the professorÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Prepare and analyze financial statements including the balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flow according to GAAP and IFRS.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Calculate financial ratios, interpret results, and draw conclusions.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Use technology and information resources to research issues in financial accounting.
Ã¢â‚¬Â¢Write clearly and concisely about financial accounting using proper writing mechanics.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
Click here to view the grading rubric
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more