The writer is very fast, professional and responded to the review request fast also. Thank you.
Question:1. You will be assigned twenty (20) stocks from the current S&P 500 index. You must use the same 20 stocks (or, more precisely, the ticker symbols) you used for Project 1. The last month of return data should be December 2017. You must use end-of-month data!
2. You must estimate the Fama and French 3-factor model. Thirty-six months of the three factors along with the risk-free-rate in decimal form will be provided in the accompanying Excel spreadsheet. Use these factors and the risk-free rate provided to you. The factors are MRP (BKM call this RM), SMB and HML. Note, you need excess returns for your stocks. Estimating the Fama and French 3-factor model requires the use of regression software. Answer the following question:
a. How, exactly, do Fama and French construct their SMB and HML factors?
3. For each firm, perform a multiple regression to estimate the parameters in equation (10.11) of BKM 9th ed. Then complete a Table:
Note that t(Alpha) above means the t-statistic for the alpha estimate and that t(Beta-MRP) means the t-statistic for the beta coefficient estimated for the MRP factor, etc.
4. Then, using the results from your multiple regressions, identify the “style” for each of your 20 firms. In your write-up, be sure to explain how you identified the various styles. Styles include Large-Neutral, Large-Value, Large-Growth, Mid-Neutral, Mid -Value, Mid-Growth, Small-Neutral, Small-Value, Small-Growth:
You must submit a brief write-up of your results. Your paper should be detailed enough so that someone else could pick up your paper and replicate your results. So, you will need a brief introduction describing your data sources, how you manipulated the data, how you calculated the Fama-French betas, 2 Tables, and a brief summary and discussion of your findings. In total, you must submit:
1. Your write-up as a Word file.
2. An Excel spreadsheet (one sheet) containing the two Tables detailed above.
3. Another Excel spreadsheet detailing how, exactly, you calculated the results in your Table (i.e., replicate the detailed findings for your stocks). Note that the Excel spreadsheets in points 2 and 3 should be in one file with two different labeled worksheet tabs. Alternatively, you may use 20 Excel sheets named with the ticker symbol if you wish to combine the date, ticker symbol, adjusted closing prices, and calculations and/or regressions separately for each of your 20 companies.
The 20 stocks by symbol are:
(RE), (ES),(EXC), (EXPE), (EXPD),(ESRX),(EXR),(XOM), (FFIV), (FB), (FAST), (FRT), (FDX), (FIS), (FITB), (FE), (FISV), (FLIR), (FLS), (FLR)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more