This is a very nice paper and reads very well. Thank you for another job well done!
Chamberlain Enterprises Inc. reported the following receivables in its December 31, 2016, year-end balance sheet:
Accounts receivable, net of $24,000 in allowance for
uncollectible accounts $218,000
Interest receivable 6,800
Notes receivable 260,000
1. The notes receivable account consists of two notes, a $60,000 note and a $200,000 note. The $60,000 note is dated October 31, 2016, with principal and interest payable on October 31, 2017. The $200,000 note is dated June 30, 2016, with principal and 6% interest payable on June 30, 2017.
2. During 2017, sales revenue totaled $1,340,000, $1,280,000 cash was collected from customers, and $22,000 in accounts receivable were written off. All sales are made on a credit basis. Bad debt expense is recorded at year-end by adjusting the allowance account to an amount equal to 10% of year-end accounts receivable.
3. On March 31, 2017, the $200,000 note receivable was discounted at the Bank of Commerce. The bank’s discount rate is 8%. Chamberlain accounts for the discounting as a sale.
1. In addition to sales revenue, what revenue and expense amounts related to receivables will appear in Chamberlain’s 2017 income statement?
2. What amounts will appear in the 2017 year-end balance sheet for accounts receivable?
3. Calculate the receivables turnover ratio for 2017.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more