This is a very nice paper and reads very well. Thank you for another job well done!
(PLEASE PAY GREAT ATTENTION TO THE RUBRIC BELLOW)
Case Study: Mr. C.
It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
Evaluate the Health History and Medical Information for Mr. C., presented below.
Based on this information, formulate a conclusion based on your evaluation, and complete the Critical Thinking Essay assignment, as instructed below.
Health History and Medical Information
Mr. C., a 32-year-old single male, is seeking information at the outpatient center regarding possible bariatric surgery for his obesity. He currently works at a catalog telephone center. He reports that he has always been heavy, even as a small child, gaining approximately 100 pounds in the last 2-3 years. Previous medical evaluations have not indicated any metabolic diseases, but he says he has sleep apnea and high blood pressure, which he tries to control by restricting dietary sodium. Mr. C. reports increasing shortness of breath with activity, swollen ankles, and pruritus over the last 6 months.
1. Height: 68 inches; weight 134.5 kg
2. BP: 172/98, HR 88, RR 26
3. 3+ pitting edema bilateral feet and ankles
4. Fasting blood glucose: 146 mg/dL
5. Total cholesterol: 250 mg/dL
6. Triglycerides: 312 mg/dL
7. HDL: 30 mg/dL
8. Serum creatinine 1.8 mg/dL
9. BUN 32 mg/dl
Critical Thinking Essay
In 750-1,000 words, critically evaluate Mr. C.’s potential diagnosis and intervention(s). Include the following:
1. Describe the clinical manifestations present in Mr. C.
2. Describe the potential health risks for obesity that are of concern for Mr. C. Discuss whether bariatric surgery is an appropriate intervention.
3. Assess each of Mr. C.’s functional health patterns using the information given. Discuss at least five actual or potential problems can you identify from the functional health patterns and provide the rationale for each. (Functional health patterns include health-perception, health-management, nutritional, metabolic, elimination, activity-exercise, sleep-rest, cognitive-perceptual, self-perception/self-concept, role-relationship, sexuality/reproductive, coping-stress tolerance.)
4. Explain the staging of end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and contributing factors to consider.
5. Consider ESRD prevention and health promotion opportunities. Describe what type of patient education should be provided to Mr. C. for prevention of future events, health restoration, and avoidance of deterioration of renal status.
6. Explain the type of resources available for ESRD patients for nonacute care and the type of multidisciplinary approach that would be beneficial for these patients. Consider aspects such as devices, transportation, living conditions, return-to-employment issues.
You are required to cite to a minimum of two sources to complete this assignment. Sources must be published within the last 5 years and appropriate for the assignment criteria and relevant to nursing practice.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
1) Clinical Manifestations of Mr. C. – Subjective and objective clinical manifestations are detailed. The clinical manifestations are accurate and clearly report the observed and perceived signs and symptoms. 10pts
2) Potential Health Risks for Obesity and Bariatric Surgery – A detailed discussion of the potential health risks for obesity is presented. A through and compelling discussion on whether bariatric surgery is an appropriate intervention is presented. The discussion is well-developed and supported by evidence and additional rationale. 10pts
3. Functional Health Patterns – Five or more actual or potential problems identified from the functional health patterns are discussed. The discussion is insightful, and the identified problems are highly relevant for the patient and his condition. The discussion is well-supported by rationale and evidence.15pts
4. Staging and Contributing Factors of End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) – The staging of ESRD and the contributing factors for ESRD are explained. The information is accurate and reflects contemporary practice and research. 10pts
5. Health Promotion and Prevention for ESRD – Patient education for the prevention of future events, health restoration, and avoidance of deterioration of renal status is thoroughly described. The proposed items are clearly presented and highly relevant and supportive of patient and his health status. Strong evidence and rationale generally support the discussion. 20pts
6. Resources for ESRD Patients for Nonacute Care and Multidisciplinary Approach –
A clear and detailed explanation on the types of resources available for ESRD patients for nonacute care, and the beneficial types of multidisciplinary approaches, is presented. The explanation demonstrates insight into both resources and multidisciplinary approaches for nonacute care for ESRD patients. 15pts
7. Thesis Development and Purpose – Thesis is comprehensive and contains the essence of the paper. Thesis statement makes the purpose of the paper clear. 5pts
8. Argument Logic and Construction – Clear and convincing argument presents a persuasive claim in a distinctive and compelling manner. All sources are authoritative. 5pts
9. Mechanics of Writing (includes spelling, punctuation, grammar, language use) – Writer is clearly in command of standard, written, academic English. 5pts
10. Paper Format (use of appropriate style for the major and assignment) – All format elements are correct. 2pts
11. Documentation of Sources (citations, footnotes, references, bibliography, etc., as appropriate to assignment and style) – Sources are completely and correctly documented, as appropriate to assignment and style, and format is free of error. 3pts
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more